LFW SS15 BURBERRY MAKE UP WITH DRUGSTORE PRODUCTS






To be honest, I do sometimes get bored of make up. No matter how many slightly different peach shades or finishes you can find: in the end it's always the same old story, from primer to eyeliner, from highlighter to lipstick. This is why I enjoy Fashion Weeks so much, not only they provide us amazing clothes and inspirations for the next season (and occasionally a very stylish Harry Styles) but they also start trends in the make up world, using everything in a whole new way. I'm not saying you should hop on every Fashion Week make up look you see (bleached eyebrows? Erm.. No, thank you), but you should always be open to copy something here & there.

Today I'm recreating the LFW SS15 Burberry make up, which all revolves around a red lip. What I love about this make up is the way the bold lipstick is made more wearable with a minimal, yet modern make up on the rest of the face.


Today I wore this make up look to school and I had a mixed feedback: a few people noticed I wasn't wearing mascara and asked me why, someone instead made comments about my bold lip color choice and finally there was my mom who said I looked dead (sorry if I'm pale mom, but, actually, you made me this way). Despite everything, though, I really really love this make up look. I think it's quite new and unique and definitely a fresh twist on the classic red lipstick.

I also think it's way more comfortable and wearable than the matte skin + winged eyeliner you would usually pair cherry lips with and I definitely felt quite dressed down, despite the glamourous pout. Overall I've been really enjoying trying something new and I think I'll wear this look again and again (and can we talk about how amazing it is to remove your make up without having to fight with mascara or eyeliner?).

If you want to see a more accurate tutorial made using actual Burberry products, check EssieButton's video here, that was also the inspiration for this post.

Share:

0 peeps shared their opinion