KEEP IT NATURAL | gift wrapping ideas


You know how I discovered Santa wasn't real? My mom actually asked me to wrap some of my brothers' gifts for her. And although this may sound awful, the thing was that I had always enjoyed wrapping up presents. When we would go Christmas shopping I would always ask my mom to not get a gift box so I could wrap them up myself and I would always look with envious eyes at the wrapper kids at the mall. I don't know why I get so excited about wrapping up gifts, but each year one of the things I impatiently wait for when Christmas comes around is coming up with new ways to decorate my presents!






This year I decided to use up some wrapping paper I had lying around from Ikea, though I'll admit it is not my cup of tea because I'd rather work with something more minimal. But I tried to find ways to make it work anyway.

To introduce some natural elements, I decided to pair the polka dots paper with some string, which I got for very cheap from Flying Tiger, and mimicked the chalkboard effect using some black cardboard as a gift tag.











I decided to complement the green paper with some baby pink ribbon, which is also from Ikea, and a piece of my Christmas tree for decoration. This is such an easy way to make every gift a little bit more personal and a little bit more interesting. If you want a more unisex look you could definitely use the string again or some green ribbon. I actually made the gift tag myself, printing this Christmas tree pattern I found on Pinterest on a piece of green cardboard.

If you are interested in other gift wrapping ideas you can check out my dedicated tag.

Happy wrapping!



SalvaSalva
SalvaSalva

Share:

0 peeps shared their opinion